#1 Cake

Decorating By flo28 Updated 27 May 2011 , 3:43pm by flo28

flo28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flo28 Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:21am
post #1 of 4

how much does a number one cake go for if its covered with buttercream?minimal birthday theme deco

3 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:26am
post #2 of 4

It depends...Add up cost of ingredients, time to make the cake (and you need to figure out how much you need to get paid per hour). Add ingredients and labor and then add 20%-30% profit. Our shaped cakes start at $120, but that's assuming fondant. We did an all BC number 1 cake for about $80.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 27 May 2011 , 1:40am
post #3 of 4

How many people does it need to serve? A standard serving is 1"x2"x4", or else 2"x2"x2", in other words 8 cubic inches. Calculate the number of servings you will get from the nearest size cake you make and multiply that by whatever you think is a fair price per portion. Of course, to get a fair price per portion, you need to do exactly what CakeMaster2009 is saying and take your total costs including labor plus profit and divide it by the number of servings you're making. If you're wondering how to calculate the number of servings you'll get from a cake, take a look at metria's calculator:
http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cake_calculator.cgi

flo28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flo28 Posted 27 May 2011 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you everyone. I hate it when the person starts saying "i bought a cake at this bakery and it was sooo goood but they dont make shaped cakes so i wanted one from you" and then they say oh they charged me 32.99 and it was delicious... they dont understand how much work goes into a custom cake....its so frustrating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%