Holes In Mmf

Decorating By dchinda Updated 25 May 2011 , 1:52am by dchinda

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 4

So I have been using MMF for quite a while & I really love the taste. But for some reason after I roll out my MMF & cover my cake, you can see all these little holes all over. It is especially noticeable when I color my fondant dark colors. Anybody have a clue as to why this is happening?

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 4

You need to knead it more.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 24 May 2011 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 4

are you rolling it on to a mat covered in shortening? when i first used MMF on to the Wilton cake dividing mat, i had too much shortening on the mat. it made little pock holes in my fondant when i flipped and peeled it off on to my cake. if so, wipe off more of the shortening.

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 25 May 2011 , 1:52am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by metria

are you rolling it on to a mat covered in shortening? when i first used MMF on to the Wilton cake dividing mat, i had too much shortening on the mat. it made little pock holes in my fondant when i flipped and peeled it off on to my cake. if so, wipe off more of the shortening.

I actually use "The Mat" to roll out my MMF which I LOVE by the way & it doesn't need any shortening. I guess I will just try & knead it more to remove the holes. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%