Tye Dye Cake With Airbrush??? Help!!!

Decorating By SweetDreams98 Updated 24 May 2011 , 4:04pm by SweetDreams98

SweetDreams98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams98 Posted 24 May 2011 , 5:01am
post #1 of 3

Hi,
So I just bought the Duff airbrush kit. I love it...I didn't need the Duff brand, it's just the name but I had a 40% and 10% off coupon for Michael's so I figured...WTH!?!?! I love it in short. ANYHOW...my sister bday is coming up June 5th. In the middle of numerous cake and cupcake orders I have to complete I have been requested to make a tye dye cake. My sister is a huge Beatles fan so I already plan on fondant accents that relate to this but I am looking for a way to make her cake look REALISTICALLY tye dyed!!! I have seen a TON of tye dye tutorials that show BASICALLY how to blend colors. I have played with this effect and it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking to make this cake look like it was knotted in rubber bands and dipped in colored dyes! ANY help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Sarah

2 replies
Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 24 May 2011 , 11:14am
post #2 of 3

I hand painted my tie dyed cake as I could not figure out how to do it with my airbrush. Good Luck!!!

SweetDreams98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams98 Posted 24 May 2011 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 3

haha thanks, I may need it! I'm thinking of just doing a Beatles themed cake instead...she's a Beatles fanatic! I still want to figure out how to do this though, it would be a super fun cake to do (AND I REALLY WANT TO PLAY WITH MY NEW TOY!!!!!! icon_lol.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%