Any Negatives To Cake Stackers Other Than The Cost?

Decorating By giraffe11 Updated 24 May 2011 , 2:57am by giraffe11

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 23 May 2011 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 3

I am just a hobby baker, but I love to do stacked cakes for friends and family. I understand the hassle of trying to get expensive parts back from customers, but I will not have that issue. Are there any other problems with the system. It looks easy and super sturdy. I am considering getting a small set of squares and circles. Any insight would be very appreciated! Thanks, Heather

2 replies
inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 23 May 2011 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 3

My husband and I purchased one because when we travel with a cake, we have to travel down gravel, narrow, curvy, pot hole filled roads. We were both nervous moving cakes! After looking into separator plates, doweling and everything else, any cake that has to leave the house stacked higher than 2 layers uses the stacker. Even if they are friends, I require a deposit that covers what it would cost me to replace the parts used in their particular cake. We take inventory when it comes back and the check is returned. Has worked well so far, but then again we are talking friends and family! The only thing that I do NOT like about the stacker (other than the price) is the base plates. They are sharp and they have a tab on them that sticks up so it is not very pretty. I also wish they some type of edge that lifts them up to get your hands under them. Other than that, it has been great!

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 24 May 2011 , 2:57am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have noticed that tab too. It could be hidden in some designs, but def. a pain. And yes, I also hate trying to get my fingers underneath to lift up......esp on a heavy stacked cake, but most systems seem to have that problem. Thanks for your input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%