Gumpaste/mmf Mixture

Decorating By NicoleLovins Updated 23 May 2011 , 3:51am by christiecando

NicoleLovins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NicoleLovins Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:22am
post #1 of 5

How do I make this mixture? Actually, I know the mmf but what do I do to make it that mixture?

4 replies
christiecando Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christiecando Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:29am
post #2 of 5

I'm painfully new at all this, so I can't speak with any authority, but I just experimented with this over the weekend so I thought I'd share. I made MMF and then I made gumpaste. Then I just took equal amounts of each and kneaded them together. The things I made out of fondant are still soft and pliable 3 days later. The 1/2 and 1/2 stuff is fairly stiff. The straight gumpaste is rock-hard.

NicoleLovins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NicoleLovins Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:35am
post #3 of 5

How did you make the gumpaste? I'm new too!

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

Here is a recipe that I just gave to someone else and this is what I use all the time works great can flavor it with anything and stays good for a long time. I don't use my KA because I do not feel it woks that great , get better time by hand and than store it in a cabinet in a zip lock

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/15498/mmf-easy-peasy-used-kitchenaid

christiecando Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christiecando Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:51am
post #5 of 5

I just used a gumpaste mix by Wilton that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I'm sure there are cheaper and yummier ways to go about it, but I just wanted a quick and easy way to experiment with it. It was just a canister of powder that you mix with water and then knead in some powdered sugar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%