Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 25 May 2011 , 3:23pm by Sassy74

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 May 2011 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 6

http://weeklyad.michaels.com/

Just thought I'd share this.

BAKEWARE
ENTIRE STOCK
Buy two items at regular price, get the third of equal or lesser value free.

Excludes clearance, course kits and Ultimate Decorator Set.

Also...

SPECIAL MICHAELS PROMOTION FOR WILTON CLASSES IN JUNE: THE 50-50 SALE!

To make Wilton classes extra exciting in June, we are adding a special offer to the regular 50% off promotion. In addition to getting 50% off Wilton 4-week course tuition, Wilton Student Kits (Course 1, Course 2, and Course 3) and the Ultimate Decorating Set will be on sale for 50% off regular price. Thats right 50% off kits and tuition!!!

The special offer on the student kits and decorating set is valid 5/21/11 6/11/11. However, if someone registered for a June class prior to 5/21/11 and purchased a kit at regular price and it is still unopened, they can return it with their original receipt and purchase another kit or the decorating set at the sale price.

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 May 2011 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 6

I saw that today too.

I hope my local Michaels restocks their shelves before then. I had a coupon and went the other day, and they were out of all of the new silicone molds. I still found things to buy (of course) but have to go back for the molds when they get more in.

I bought the new gumpaste cutter set. I had the old one and the cutters were so small...I was really excited to see the new cutters. It even has some plunger cutters.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 May 2011 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 6

My store is going through inventory right now, so from what I have been told they haven't gotten an abundance of shipments in in the last few weeks. So we do have some bare spots, especially with the new stuff because I don't think they sent a lot of them. Our truck comes in on Wed morning, so I'm hoping by the time I get up there to class that night they have more new stuff out. icon_smile.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 20 May 2011 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 6

thumbs_up.gif I'm going to use this sale to stock up on pretty cupcake liners and wrappers. Those never seem worth using a coupon.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 24 May 2011 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 6

I didn't realize "bakeware" meant pretty much anything cake (I thought it only meant pans) so I ended up saving a few dollars less than what I would normally save just using a 40% off coupon on my fondant. I did notice my Michaels now finally sells sugar sheets and this really cute border/buttons mold plus other new goodies - can't wait to try the mold outicon_smile.gif

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 25 May 2011 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 6

I went to Michaels last night and LOADED UP!!!

This is one of the best sales I've ever seen there. Yes, almost the ENTIRE bakeware section is on sale...yippeee! TexasSugar mentioned the exceptions. Also, it's buy two of ANYTHING, get one of ANYTHING (of equal/lesser value) free. I thought you might have to buy three of the same item (like maybe 3 dusts, three molds, etc) to get the third free. Nope. For every 3 items you buy, the cheapest is free.

I bought all of the new molds, the veiner/center set, three of their dusts (want to give them a try...beats having to order online), one of the new drying racks (going back for more...a little sturdier than I thought), and a new rolling pin. I saved over $20--that's like getting two of the molds for FREE!

The molds are thicker/heavier than I thought they'd be, and work like a dream. Easy peasy. Also, the drying rack is a keeper, in my opinion. Yes, it's plastic, no it won't hold a 40 lb flower, but the one I was eye-balling from GSA are not as tall, don't hold as many flowers, and are a few bucks more plus shipping, plus the hassle of waiting to get them.

Haven't tried the dusts yet, but I'm hopeful. Also, I'd be willing to try the PunchCut.Decorate system. I have never jumped on the Cricut train, but this system is reasonably affordable, and I can see myself investing a little into it. My only hesitation is because the sheets are $4/ea. Seems a bit pricey, but I've not used it, so... Bottom line is that I'll be going back this weekend to load up again before this sale ends!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%