How Can I Get This Pink Color? Please Help!

Decorating By Cupcations Updated 20 May 2011 , 2:21pm by ConfectionsCC

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 17

I have a wedding next month where they want pink & purple CCs
These are the baking cups that they will be using for the pink cupcakes

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/wilton-baking-cups--scallop--pink--damask

So I bought Wilton Rose , which seemed to me the closest color to the cups, I tried coloring the fondant last night but it wont turn into that shiny electric pink its just normal pink icon_cry.gif

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20367&name=Wilton%20Rose%20Icing%20Color

I want to get the same pink like the Duff pink Fondant

http://www.duff.com/products/fondant/duff-pink-fondant-2lb-0

How do I get this color please help!!

16 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 17

This works for me sometimes when I can't get the right color. Try painting the fondant with pink luster dust.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 17

Have you tried Americolor's electric pink- one of their neon colors- or the Americolor fushia?

amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 17

I use either Electric Pink from Americolor or Duff's Neon Pink...they come out about the same but to me Duff's color is a bit more rich. So I tend to use his more. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2008738 the lighting in this pic isn't too good but you get the general idea!

TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 17

I used Americolor Electric pink on my flower cake, take a look, 3rd picture in my photos. Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 17

i had to make some magenta fondant discs for a wedding a few weeks ago and couldn't get the color right with food coloring gel & fondant alone. i went back and dusted them with magenta luster dust to get the proper color. hot pinks can be tough.

Tiffany0481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany0481 Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 17

I have gotten this color before using the Wilton Rose. You have to keep working with it and adding color until you get what you want. Good luck!!

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 17

I'm pretty sure you can buy Satin ice fondant already that color. That is the only fondant I use and it tastes yummy. I haven't bought it already colored yet, but I think that's the brand I have seen that is that color. It's not that costly either. I buy mine at Global Sugar Art, but i have found it locally too.
But you would get a brighter color by mixing your color with alcohol and painting it on, but it depends on how many cupcakes you are making on rather you want to do that.

Ummeiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ummeiko Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:37am
post #9 of 17

Last time I made hot pink, it was wilton rose mixed with a small amount of red. It wasn't quite duff pink, but it was close and it definitely wasn't baby pink. The downside is I have a problem with fondant drying out due to overmixing (to get an even color) if I have a large amount of fondant to mix.

Karadactyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karadactyl Posted 20 May 2011 , 11:41am
post #10 of 17

Satin Ice Hot Pink is awesome! It's not expensive and it should match the baking cups you're using.

Jeana77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeana77 Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:21pm
post #11 of 17

I have been trying to acheive this same exact color for quite some time now. When I added the Wilton rose color to the pre-made fondant, it started out fine and the more color I added to get that nice bright pink color made it turn into a yucky dark mess! I finally figured it out though! Instead of using pre-made fondant, use the "MMF-Easy Peasy! Made Using a Kitchenaid Mixer" recipe submitted by THE_LIL_CAKEHOUSE. Following the directions in the recipe, add the Wilton rose color to the melted marshmallow mixture before adding the powdered sugar. It will magically stay the same bright pink color you are trying to acheive! Good Luck!

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:08pm
post #12 of 17

I was able to get that color with the Wilton rose. You have to use a lot though. Just like when you are trying to get a primary red or black...

dreamcakesbyjulianna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesbyjulianna Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:20pm
post #13 of 17

Michaels arts and craft stores have the duff pink just like that and if you google a coupon you can save $$$ they also carry lots of wilton and Duff cake supplies !! good luck

peetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peetz Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:26pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyoungbl00d5

I use either Electric Pink from Americolor or Duff's Neon Pink...they come out about the same but to me Duff's color is a bit more rich. So I tend to use his more. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2008738 the lighting in this pic isn't too good but you get the general idea!

Love this cake! But why is the bow upside down? I have seen this done in one of the cake shows on TV " Amazing cakes' they did it on a wedding cake, every other tier had the bow upside down, is there a meaning behind this?

DaniNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniNicole Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:31pm
post #15 of 17

This is so funny! I was just coming on to post how to get the hot pink color...I bought the Fondx Elite in Sexy Pink and while I love to work with their fondant, the Sexy Pink is like a neon pink, a little too bright for the minnie mouse cake I am making...I finally decided last night to come on here ask for help, and then if nothing else, go to Michael's and buy Duff's...I am just gonna go buy Duff's...I am not gonna worry about it...

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 20 May 2011 , 1:52pm
post #16 of 17

I used Wilton Rose for the pink on these.... I'm sure I could have gone deeper/bright if I'd added more.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1919405

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 20 May 2011 , 2:21pm
post #17 of 17

I use americolor's electric pink for hot pink! Works really well for a deep hot pink!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%