Will This Be Ok??

Decorating By jennifer22780 Updated 19 May 2011 , 8:41am by Marianna46

jennifer22780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer22780 Posted 19 May 2011 , 12:24am
post #1 of 2

i covered a cinnamon swirl cake with apple filling in fondant last night, decorated today and gave to a friend for her fiance's birthday (which is tomorrow). Well, now his work schedule got changed, and they won't be able to have the family over for cake until SUNDAY.
she is asking if it will be ok to wait until sunday or if she needs to cut it sooner.

my gut is 'cut it sooner', as it will be fresher. but she really wants to use it for the family party. I'm not sure... what does everyone think?

i hear such mixed reviews on this subject.. please help!

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:41am
post #2 of 2

You might want to refrigerate this one, although I try to avoid refrigerating fondant-covered cakes if at all possible. If you live where it's cool and dry, just take it out early and let the condensation dry off before touching the cake in any way. If you live in a warmer or more humid climate, box the cake up and wrap it airtight in plastic wrap before you refrigerate it. Take it out several hours ahead and let it come to room temperature before taking the plastic wrap off. That way, the condensation will form on the outside of the plastic wrap and not on the cake itself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%