Art Palette ?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 16 May 2011 , 1:39pm by EmilyJo9

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 16 May 2011 , 4:05am
post #1 of 4

I need to make an art palette cake...some questions i had were:

-should i use an oval pan or round one? I only have a round one...would that work? Or would an oval one be better?

-im confused as to whether to make it white or brown (wood coloured) based. My friend has left it up to me...she said she would like it to be BC and not fondant.

-Any tips on making a fondant paintbrush?

3 replies
EmilyJo9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyJo9 Posted 16 May 2011 , 4:23am
post #2 of 4

I would use an oval one or a sheet pan and then carve a palette but if you're tight of money and must use your round one if it is big enough it would work too. And I would make it white.. I paint and all my palettes are white. I would take a real picture as inspiration for my brush and just shape fondant with my hands to look like the brush handle. For the bristles I would shape the fondant and then use a pairing knife to slice the tip of the brush to make it look like bristles. HTH

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1601584

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 16 May 2011 , 10:17am
post #3 of 4

Thanks!!!!
This helps a lot!
Your brush is perfect!!!! What icing colour do you use for the silver part of the brush?

EmilyJo9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyJo9 Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickulz

Thanks!!!!
This helps a lot!
Your brush is perfect!!!! What icing colour do you use for the silver part of the brush?

Well this is not my cake so I cannot be for sure but they probably mixed a little black to make grey and then added shimmer dust to it to make it look metallic silver.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%