Quesitons About Fondant

Decorating By Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 15 May 2011 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 1

I'm very beginning, Tuesday is my third basic level 1 class. I bought some fondant, cause I wanted to get a smooth cake, which I did, but some of it wrinkled, some of it, my icing layer is too thick,and some of it, I had to add fondant to it...which I didn't blend well. So, I decided to put on pink flowers on it, (in fondant), for decorations, and to cover it up.

I couldn't get the fondant to adhere well, so I used a bit of water. There's still a few places i didn't hide,and I dare to think it's not good enough for a picture here on Cake Central, but I might anyway, for my second decorated cake. But then, I realize the average person can't even do it, so i'm kind of happy.

On the fondant, when you make fondant designs and place them on the fondant, do you roll the designs flat against the fondant cake?

And, what if your fondant doesn't fit exactly right, you need to blend more in, do you remove it (It will remove some of the butter cream frosting, is that okay? How do you blend in more fondant, without it showing?

(I really need to take the fondant class, I guess...but I was hoping to take the flower class next. I'm willing to practice and practice and it will get better.)

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%