Chocolate Covered Berries....how Long Will They Keep

Sugar Work By Loucinda Updated 15 May 2011 , 5:17am by scp1127

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 4

I have a client who wants to order some chocolate covered strawberries, she wants to pick them up and take them with her (about 2 hour drive) then keep them till the next evening.(will have accesss to refrigeration) Has anyone attempted keeping them this long, what about refrigeration? I am not optimistic about it, but I told her I would ask and see if anyone has had any experience with doing something like this....

3 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 4

I have done many. I have made them at night for a next day function. Do not put them in the frig. This will make them leak/seep/sweat. Put them in a cupcake liner and just put them in a covered box, if possible.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 4

THANK YOU!! That is the info I was looking for!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 15 May 2011 , 5:17am
post #4 of 4

Make sure your strawberries will last. I got some this week. It was a buy-one-get-one-free deal. I only needed one pack. I left the other pack on the table of my very cool bakery. They started molding. One pack was obviously older than the other. Maybe you could get the store to get some from the back that would be the freshest... since they will need to stay perfect for awhile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%