Shirt & Tie Cakes - Help Needed!

Decorating By Elaine2581 Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 7:48pm by Mexigirl2234

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 14 May 2011 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 4

There are many nice shirt & tie cakes posted here and I am trying to make one for Tuesday morning. I need HELP. Does anyone know if there are patterns, templates, or tutorials that would help. I've made a pattern from a real shirt but can't figure out how to make a nice collar that doesn't have a cut edge. I've used the search feature here and on google but haven't found anything helpful. Thanks for any help or advice.

3 replies
sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 14 May 2011 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 4

I just made a Ralph Lauren polo shirt cake and I did not use a template. I looked at my husband shirt and just free hand. I made a long rectangle fold it and cut the end at angle. I made the strip where the buttons go on and made sure the collar connected. I do not know if it this helps. But maybe someone else can better explain. But it's really simple to make.

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply sugarcheryl. I'm working on the tie and have cut a piece to look like the neckband. I'm hoping that when that dries awhile I'll be able to cut the collar and attach it in a way that makes it look nice. I don't think I'll have any trouble with the button placket and pocket but the collar and neckband were the problem pieces for me. I've already made a stethoscope so I put the neckband up to it to try to make sure it all fits properly. Thanks again for your kind response.

Mexigirl2234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexigirl2234 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 4

Sugarcheryl, How did you make the Ralph Lauren emblem for the shirt? I am trying to make one also but can't find a mold...please help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%