Shirt & Tie Cakes - Help Needed!

Decorating By Elaine2581 Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 7:48pm by Mexigirl2234

Elaine2581 Posted 14 May 2011 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 4

There are many nice shirt & tie cakes posted here and I am trying to make one for Tuesday morning. I need HELP. Does anyone know if there are patterns, templates, or tutorials that would help. I've made a pattern from a real shirt but can't figure out how to make a nice collar that doesn't have a cut edge. I've used the search feature here and on google but haven't found anything helpful. Thanks for any help or advice.

3 replies
sugarcheryl Posted 14 May 2011 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 4

I just made a Ralph Lauren polo shirt cake and I did not use a template. I looked at my husband shirt and just free hand. I made a long rectangle fold it and cut the end at angle. I made the strip where the buttons go on and made sure the collar connected. I do not know if it this helps. But maybe someone else can better explain. But it's really simple to make.

Elaine2581 Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply sugarcheryl. I'm working on the tie and have cut a piece to look like the neckband. I'm hoping that when that dries awhile I'll be able to cut the collar and attach it in a way that makes it look nice. I don't think I'll have any trouble with the button placket and pocket but the collar and neckband were the problem pieces for me. I've already made a stethoscope so I put the neckband up to it to try to make sure it all fits properly. Thanks again for your kind response.

Mexigirl2234 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 4

Sugarcheryl, How did you make the Ralph Lauren emblem for the shirt? I am trying to make one also but can't find a mold...please help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%