Rifle Out Of Rkt

Decorating By smoothcat007 Updated 13 May 2011 , 7:32pm by YellowBrickRd

smoothcat007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoothcat007 Posted 13 May 2011 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 3

can anyone give me instructions on how to make a rifle out of rkt???? I am desperate-PLEASE HELP ME!!! icon_cry.gif

2 replies
YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 13 May 2011 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 3

If it's your 1st time using RKT as a medium I would suggest buying the ones from the store instead of trying to make them from scratch-it's just easier icon_biggrin.gif Grab a pic or model and get your hands dirty!! It's not that hard. As you "mush" the RKT they are workable. Just put somewhat into the shape you want and pack them down. For the barrel you can almost roll the RKT between your hands. The marshmellows allow them to somewhat stick together however you may want to use a bit of icing and even toothpics if you need to. The icing I make for "glue only" is conf. sugar, small bit of shortening, corn syrup and water. It wont be as thick as BC, it will be thinner but seals the RKT well until your ready to decorate.

YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 13 May 2011 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 3

I guess I should have asked you is it upright or on its side? I wanted to add the LD brand rkt come in what they call the BIG size. I used both brands and this one worked better for me(built a hip roof with dormers) You can leave the whole and stack end to end to build your base of the stock. Then thin out the others (cutting on half with a bread knife is a cinch) and mold into place with your hands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%