A Cake For My Husband

Decorating By Noura80 Updated 14 May 2011 , 4:01pm by SarahBeth3

Noura80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noura80 Posted 11 May 2011 , 10:03am
post #1 of 9

Hey everyone!!

I just got news from my husband that he got promoted. He's an officer. I want to bake him a cake and design it real simple. Any ideas?

8 replies
mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 11 May 2011 , 10:54am
post #2 of 9

How about a cake shaped as a officer's hat? It could be one tier that you "angle" the top. It could have a bill like a officer's hat has and colored whatever color his uniform is. You could make a very simple gold badge with "congrats" on it as well.

HTH don't forget to post a picture!

shaibaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaibaer Posted 12 May 2011 , 5:24am
post #3 of 9

How about a cake in the shape of his new rank? I did one for my Dh when he got promoted and he loved it.

Noura80 Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:24am
post #4 of 9

Thanx for the ideas.

Shaibaer..I thought of doing that too but then I want to make him something not related to his job/work. How about if I cover it in white fondant, make a black beaded border and make those damask type accents and a red rose as a topper. Will that be more girly than masculine? I see this cake more of a "present" from me to him.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 12 May 2011 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 9

Does he have any hobbies or things you could incorporate?
One of the present cakes with stars (or mini ranks) and "congratulations" springing out of the middle?

Mo-Mo73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mo-Mo73 Posted 12 May 2011 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 9

sometimes simple is better...how about his fave cake, fave icing flavor, simple border, tied in a bow with congrats on it??? men are simple...they just want their fave and reginition...=)

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 12 May 2011 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 9

I agree. He'll probably appreciate the taste more than anything. You can write a short little note on top of how proud you are of him or what a great officer he is. That seems to go a LONG way with my DH.

Noura80 Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:28am
post #8 of 9

wow thanx you guysz. I will probably stick with a gift box cake and his fave flavor. Thanx all of you

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 14 May 2011 , 4:01pm
post #9 of 9

Sounds perfect. I'm sure he'll love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%