Cupcake Pricing

Baking By BakeryNook Updated 11 May 2011 , 2:16am by Paperfishies

BakeryNook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeryNook Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 4

How much do you charge for cupcakes with fondant decorations? Each cupcake will contain a small flower and a graduation hat or diploma as well as disco dust.

I have 50 cupcakes I need to make for a graduate and have no idea what to charge.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

3 replies
kater82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kater82 Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 4

I think 2.50 a cupcake would be appropriate with all the little decorations and stuff.

BakeryNook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeryNook Posted 10 May 2011 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 4

I thought the same but the customer doesn't want to pay that. She has now said she just wants the cupcakes with disco dust sprinkled on them. How much would you charge for that?

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:16am
post #4 of 4

If each cupcake had a flower AND a diploma or graduation cap, I think that's worth $3.50+ a cupcake. If you were making a cake that serves 50 and each serving had some kind of fondant embellishment, it would be around $4+ per serving. I think the lady is getting a deal.

I know this gets said a lot around here...BUT

Don't sell yourself short. Make sure you're getting paid for your time and costs.
Sit down and figure out how much it will cost to make 50 cupcakes...Then figure out how much you'd like to be paid for your time. Then come up with a price.

Take into consideration the cost of everything...Cupcake papers, eggs, milk, powdered sugar, butter shortening.

Then you will have an idea of what you need to charge her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%