Shipping Costs...jennifer Is Great.

Decorating By cathyscakes Updated 16 May 2011 , 1:17pm by babapeela

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 22

I just wanted to say how refreshing it was when I ordered from Jennifer Dontz website. I ordered 4 items, two bags of white chocolate, and some molds. The shipping was $6.00, I was expecting 15.00 or more. I had ordered from another site and that is what their shipping prices were, probably the same weight. I am so tired of the exorbinant shipping prices. I have ordered a tiny molds that could have been put in a envelope and they charge me 9.00 to send it. I know shipping is expensive, but that is ridiculous. I have cancelled many orders, so not sure why they do that. Its really hard when you live in a small town, and have to order, it gets so expensive. Jennifer really tries to keep her shipping prices low.

21 replies
jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 22

She is very helpful too. If she has a box that is not quite full and it will be the same price to ship more and she has room still in the box she will ask you if there is anything else at all you want her to include in your order. She tries to stuff as much as she can safely in a box. She is the only one to date that does that, that I know. Shipping prices are outrageous. There was a women's suit that I was going to order and I was going to have to pay 19.00 on shipping just because of the cost of the order and not based on the wt. of the outfit. Which I know that they could ship for maybe $10. or under. She is not only helpful in that matter, but if you have a question about some project you are doing and you tell her what you are having a challenge on and she is usually pretty good about telling you how to do it and what you might need for the project if you don't have it already and she carries that she doesn't just automatically suggest you get it, but if there is a smaller package of what she has, she will usually let you know about the smaller amount.

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 22

Good to know! Thanks

blueirus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueirus Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 22

Thanks for the great info!

cathyscakes Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules5000

She is very helpful too. If she has a box that is not quite full and it will be the same price to ship more and she has room still in the box she will ask you if there is anything else at all you want her to include in your order. She tries to stuff as much as she can safely in a box. She is the only one to date that does that, that I know. Shipping prices are outrageous. There was a women's suit that I was going to order and I was going to have to pay 19.00 on shipping just because of the cost of the order and not based on the wt. of the outfit. Which I know that they could ship for maybe $10. or under. She is not only helpful in that matter, but if you have a question about some project you are doing and you tell her what you are having a challenge on and she is usually pretty good about telling you how to do it and what you might need for the project if you don't have it already and she carries that she doesn't just automatically suggest you get it, but if there is a smaller package of what she has, she will usually let you know about the smaller amount.

Yes you are so right, she has helped me in so many ways, I can never thank her enough, she is the sweetest person, I just wanted to say I appreciate her so much.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 10 May 2011 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 22

That is good to know. I recently ordered a handful of cutters/molds and petal dusts and paid $14 for shipping. HUNH????

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 10 May 2011 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 22

What is Jennifer's website?

cathyscakes Posted 10 May 2011 , 6:15pm
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina

What is Jennifer's website?

www.jenniferdontz.com

jules5000 Posted 10 May 2011 , 9:44pm
post #9 of 22

That is what I have her saved as on my favorites.

BakerAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnn Posted 10 May 2011 , 10:17pm
post #10 of 22

I agree with all that has been said. My items arrived quickly and any questions I asked were courteously answered right away. Matter of fact I'm getting ready to place another order with her.

jules5000 Posted 11 May 2011 , 10:34am
post #11 of 22

Yes, that was the last item that I meant to mention. She is fast in getting the items out to you. I have never received something that has ever taken more then 3 days. She is the most customer friendly person I know that I have ordered from. NOt that I haven't had others that were just as friendly also. I just want to promote those that I know are great. Another one for me is a MO based business named Off The Beaten Path. They are a cookie cutter business and very helpful and quick.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 12 May 2011 , 1:42am
post #12 of 22

Thanks for all your kinds words! I appreciate it so very much.

We do try to be as fair as possible with our shipping rates. Many times we refund if the site comes up more than what is needed.

Sweet regards and happy baking!

Jennifer Dontz icon_smile.gif

jules5000 Posted 12 May 2011 , 2:27pm
post #13 of 22

Jennifer, in these days true customer service is rare. I know a lot of companies think they have customer service, but they really don't. You are a true customer service company and I will be glad to recommend you to anyone.

JenniferMI Posted 12 May 2011 , 4:12pm
post #14 of 22

Thank you Jules5000!

Have a nice weekend everyone - it's FINALLY warm up here in northern MI icon_smile.gif

Jennifer icon_wink.gif

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 16 May 2011 , 8:41am
post #15 of 22

I just ordered from Jennifer this past week and I cannot sing her praises loud enough! AMAZING! It was packaged extremely well, SUPER fast shipping, and her shipping prices cannot be beat! She will be my first choice from here on out!-----Julie

babapeela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babapeela Posted 16 May 2011 , 9:31am
post #16 of 22

I just ordered from her for the first time, I live in the UK and really wanted to try out her fondant recipe, so I ordered a DVD and a pack of Pettinice (which you can't get here). I was so pleasantly surprised that the shipping only came out at $16.

Most things for cake decorating are massively cheaper in the US, but the saving is usually offset by the cost of shipping so I don't bother. It was only because it was a product I really wanted that I couldn't get elsewhere that I ordered. The shipping cost was such a pleasant surprise I may very well order from her again.

Jennifer, perhaps we should talk UK distribution of your products!!

JenniferMI Posted 16 May 2011 , 11:49am
post #17 of 22

THANK YOU Julie!!!!

I work so hard at customer service and stocking quality products. Hearing this makes by day icon_smile.gif

Jennifer Dontz icon_smile.gif

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 16 May 2011 , 12:35pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by babapeela

I just ordered from her for the first time, I live in the UK and really wanted to try out her fondant recipe, so I ordered a DVD and a pack of Pettinice (which you can't get here). I was so pleasantly surprised that the shipping only came out at $16.

Most things for cake decorating are massively cheaper in the US, but the saving is usually offset by the cost of shipping so I don't bother. It was only because it was a product I really wanted that I couldn't get elsewhere that I ordered. The shipping cost was such a pleasant surprise I may very well order from her again.

Jennifer, perhaps we should talk UK distribution of your products!!

I too ordered the DVD, have you tried the recipe with Regalice? I didn't order the Pettinice and used it with Regalice and would be interested to know how they compared. Using the Regalice worked for me. It's wonderful fondant!

I too can't sing Jen's praises enough, she was very helpful and I found her customer service to be exceptional. Thank You!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:08pm
post #19 of 22

I agree! Jennifer is such a sweet person. She helped me with my very first wedding cake. She was so helpful and I really like her DVD's. I have used many of her tips and have enjoyed the results. I haven't had many cakes to cover in fondant yet. The few I've had had great feedback. However, the chocolate pearls have been a big hit and have been requested on several cakes!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:10pm
post #20 of 22

I agree! Jennifer is such a sweet person. She helped me with my very first wedding cake. She was so helpful and I really like her DVD's. I have used many of her tips and have enjoyed the results. I haven't had many cakes to cover in fondant yet. The few I've had had great feedback. However, the chocolate pearls have been a big hit and have been requested on several cakes!

JenniferMI Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:14pm
post #21 of 22

You guys are mak'in me grin at my keyboard today icon_smile.gif Thanks sooo much!

Jen icon_smile.gif

babapeela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babapeela Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:17pm
post #22 of 22

Lisapeps, I only ordered a couple of days ago but plan on doing a test run with both pettinice and regalice when it arrives, as obviously it would be better if i can make it work with something which is easily available to me. I will post as soon as I have done it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%