Freezing Cupcakes

Baking By EdieP Updated 11 May 2011 , 11:22pm by daisy81382

EdieP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdieP Posted 8 May 2011 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 10

In two weeks, I have three different orders for cupcakes for baby showers and such. Normally I bake cupcakes the day before, but if I can freeze them it would be so much easier. What is the best way to freeze cupcakes and what is the best way to defrost them without the liners pulling away.

9 replies
4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 8 May 2011 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 10

Use plastic wrap and a lot of it them put them in an air tight container and freeze.

You can alway use the plastic cupcake containers if you aren't going to freeze them for longer than a few days. But I recommend the first. I haven't had any problems with the liners pulling away.

good luck

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 8 May 2011 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4realLaLa

Use plastic wrap and a lot of it them put them in an air tight container and freeze.

You can alway use the plastic cupcake containers if you aren't going to freeze them for longer than a few days. But I recommend the first. I haven't had any problems with the liners pulling away.

good luck

I agree. Also, when you pull them out of the freezer, take them out of the container and unwrap the plastic wrap and let them defrost. If you don't too much moisture can build up and you might have problems with the cupcake wrappers loosening. Just my experience.

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 8 May 2011 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4realLaLa

good luck

I agree. Also, when you pull them out of the freezer, take them out of the container and unwrap the plastic wrap and let them defrost. If you don't too much moisture can build up and you might have problems with the cupcake wrappers loosening. Just my experience.

I also unwrap them before they defrost. I didn't think to say that.

stevieleannescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stevieleannescupcakes Posted 9 May 2011 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 10

I uses grease proof paper and an air tight container for mine.

I take the lid off when I take them out of the freezer so no moisture builds up in the container while they defrost icon_smile.gif

daisy81382 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy81382 Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:51am
post #6 of 10

I am also going to have to do this. I was wondering if anyone knew how this would work - I was going to bake my cupcakes in plain white liners & freeze. Then after thawing I want to put blue foil wrappers on them. Would that work or would the blue liners look silly? I just worry that they won't be snug against the cake. I don't want to waste time & ingredients if it won't work. The reason Im thinking of doing this is because I'm running out of time & the foil wrappers aren't getting ordered until Saturday.

Thanks for any input!

Daisy

stevieleannescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stevieleannescupcakes Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 10

I think it will depend on the size of the foil cases. I have used several now and they seem to be quite straight and snug so it could work, but im not sure. Im sure it will work if your cases are wroughly the same size. icon_smile.gif

Sheryll317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sheryll317 Posted 10 May 2011 , 5:12pm
post #8 of 10

Do you plastic wrap the cupcakes individually before putting them in the freezer?

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 10 May 2011 , 5:34pm
post #9 of 10

I've frozen cupcakes before and the wrappers came loose and opened up while they were in the freezer!! Very upsetting! Any reasons why?

daisy81382 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy81382 Posted 11 May 2011 , 11:22pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for the help. I think I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%