Remember To Make Sure...

Decorating By SweetDreams98 Updated 8 May 2011 , 4:46am by SweetDreams98

SweetDreams98 Posted 8 May 2011 , 1:05am
post #1 of 6

There's a memory card in your camera!!! I was so excited that my first paying cake job was finished and very much to my liking. My boyfriend is a photographer and was at work today so he gave me a run down on how to take pictures using his fancy lighting/photography equipment. I had NO idea what I was doing but got the backdrop set up, the table covering the way I wanted it and even got his crazy lights up and colored gels put on them. I was SO proud of myself. I snapped off a few pictures and my friend who was helping with delivery asked to take a peek. We were running a little farther behind than I wanted to be so I said we'd check when we got back. I hit the play button and of course saw the message flash: "No Memory Card." Ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Aside from that, the cake was a SMASH HIT. All the parents wanted a card and raved about it. All I can say is THANK GOD FOR CAMERA PHONES!!! It could have been much worse, at the end of the day I received a ton of praise, I just didn't get the photos that I wanted...and I would have rather not had photos with the Scooby Doo action figures on the cake board. OH WELL! On to my next cake!

5 replies
cakegirl1973 Posted 8 May 2011 , 2:03am
post #2 of 6

A great reminder. That has actually happened to me before. Like you, the camera on my phone saved the day!

SweetDreams98 Posted 8 May 2011 , 3:13am
post #3 of 6

I was so proud of myself too haha That was the kicker. At least I didn't do anything crazy like set up the fog machine...I REALLY would have been mad if I went that far!!!

andreamen1 Posted 8 May 2011 , 3:40am
post #4 of 6

OMG!!! the same thing happend to me I made the cutest hello kitty cake and I swear I Had a photoshoot going on. then I went to upload and blank I was so PO'd

m_willford Posted 8 May 2011 , 4:18am
post #5 of 6

That's just as bad as discovering your card is full, or your batteries just ran out and someone took your spares!

Thank heavens for camera phones...

SweetDreams98 Posted 8 May 2011 , 4:46am
post #6 of 6

all in all, I can't complain. This forum has seen bigger disasters than this! The cake was a HIT (I have a camera phone picture posted, and though I'm proud, I already have ideas for improving) and I got my name out a little. Left 25 business cards and was told I should have left more. I'll be up til 4:00am doing a Cassada book cake for mothers day. Thought I'd get away with doing just a stacked cake and then my mom told me TODAY she wants a book cake. Gotta love family!

Quote by @%username% on %date%