Neopolitan Colors On Tiered Cake

Decorating By lstalder Updated 5 May 2011 , 6:18am by shyann_rayne

lstalder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lstalder Posted 5 May 2011 , 2:32am
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to make a three tiered wedding cake that will reflect a Neopolitan look. The bottom layer is lemon with chocolate frosting,middle layer is strawberry with white frosting and top is to be white cake with cherry frosting. I was thinking of trying to unify them by making all frostings a variation of SMBC so it could be smooth. Wedding is outdoors in June-around 70 degrees. Would SMBC hold up? If not, other ideas? Would chocolate/white/cherry colors look ok for a wedding cake? Any thoughts on interesting ways to decorate this?

thanks for your help.

2 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 5 May 2011 , 2:37am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstalder

I've been asked to make a three tiered wedding cake that will reflect a Neopolitan look. The bottom layer is lemon with chocolate frosting,middle layer is strawberry with white frosting and top is to be white cake with cherry frosting. I was thinking of trying to unify them by making all frostings a variation of SMBC so it could be smooth. Wedding is outdoors in June-around 70 degrees. Would SMBC hold up? If not, other ideas? Would chocolate/white/cherry colors look ok for a wedding cake? Any thoughts on interesting ways to decorate this?

thanks for your help.

Should be fine as long as it's out of direct sunlight.

Take pics!

Jen

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 5 May 2011 , 6:18am
post #3 of 3

If you look in my pics the second pic is of a babyshower cake that I did in pink white and brown fondant. I think the colos go great together! Good Luck!----Julie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%