Camouflage Cake

Decorating By gerbear Updated 4 May 2011 , 7:34pm by gerbear

gerbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerbear Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:41am
post #1 of 7

Anyone ever done a camouflage cake in either fondant or buttercream. My grandson decided that's what he wants. Not sure if it would look more marbled than camo if I used three types of fondant.

6 replies
idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:09am
post #2 of 7

I've done a camo cake - it was in the shape of a dog tag for a girl in the Army headed to Afhganastan (sp?). She provided a picture for me and it had pink in it. I used pink, black, white and brown fondant. For a guy. I'd substitute olive green for the pink. HTH.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:33am
post #4 of 7

That is how I did the one in my gallery, works great.

Angel_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angel_Cake Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:38am
post #5 of 7

I did the one in my gallery the same was as the tutorial (buttercream). It was easy and it's one of my favorite cakes still!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:03am
post #6 of 7

I had an idea for fondant that is basically the same, only you lay out your pieces of camo out on a green piece of fondant and then roll the camo pieces into the green piece of fondant. I experimented with one of my dummy cakes (the purple and white one in my photos) to see if this technique would work. It worked like a charm, but I haven't gotten a chance to do the actual camo yet. I just rolled out white fondant, rolled out purple fondant, cut a pinwheel shape out of the purple fondant, laid it on the white fondant, and using my rolling pin I rolled the two pieces into one. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for pieces of camo on green fondant.

gerbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerbear Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:34pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you everyone for the ideas. Now I know what I can try to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%