Help! Never Made A Wedding Cake Before!

Baking By hlaw97 Updated 3 May 2011 , 1:34am by hlaw97

hlaw97 Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:39am
post #1 of 6

I have never made a Real wedding cake before and cant find an authentic receipe! The really goooood wedding cakes and icing. I only have ever used box mixes and it doesnt taste like real wedding cake! Can anyone help!!

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:44am
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure what you mean by REAL wedding cake..Any cake including a wedding cake can be whatever recipe,mix you want it to be...what exactly do you mean?

hlaw97 Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:45am
post #3 of 6

the ones here in louisiana are like a white cake with almondish flavors. Homemade im sure not out the box LOL

Kiddiekakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:54am
post #4 of 6

Well traditional wedding cake can mean many different things depending on where you are from.For instance in Britain a traditional wedding cake is fruitcake covered in marzipan and royal icing..Most weddings I have been to in the past had white cake but the trends are changing and now it is whatever the bride wants..

luddroth Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:57am
post #5 of 6

I think what you are looking for is the white almond sour cream cake used by so many wedding cake professionals. Look in the recipe section of this site for WASC -- there are 2 versions using cake mix as one of the ingredients and at least one recipe all from scratch. They are all good and very traditional in the US.

hlaw97 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:34am
post #6 of 6

Where is the scratch one? And what is the best icing recipie and flavoring to use?

Quote by @%username% on %date%