Wilton Whipped Frosting Mix

Baking By moranda Updated 5 May 2011 , 2:59pm by moranda

moranda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moranda Posted 2 May 2011 , 1:03am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ever used the Wilton Whipped Frosting Mix, all you do is whip it with ice water. I was wondering what the flavor and consistency were like. If you did use it can it be flavored.

3 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 2 May 2011 , 1:23am
post #2 of 4

The consistency is like whipped cream and it has a light marshmallow flavoring and it's not real sweet. I have never added flavoring the only thing that I have found is that it does set and once it does you can't try to smooth it or else it messes up. It kinda gets gummy.

thallo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thallo Posted 2 May 2011 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 4

I use this quite a bit. I love the light texture of it with light flavored cakes like lemon or key lime. I have put flavorings in it, but only a little bit and it worked qutie well. It works well as a frosting but I don't recommend it for decorations. It does set up quickly but I have never found this to be a problem. I normally use it on cakes that I do not plan to heavily decorate because of the airy texture it has. But overall, I like it for a change up.

moranda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moranda Posted 5 May 2011 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 4

I used the Wilton Whipped Icing for my Cinco de Mayo cupcakes, I added a little lime juice to part for Margarita cupcakes and Khalus to part for the Khalua cupcakes. I was great for the cupcakes, very light and had a great taste. I would be somewhat afraid to use it on a cake because it was so soft but piped great on cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%