Help! How Do I Make A Boat Cake?

Decorating By CupcakeGirl85 Updated 2 May 2011 , 12:14am by CupcakeGirl85

CupcakeGirl85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeGirl85 Posted 1 May 2011 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I can create a 3D boat cake? I am just a beginner in using fondant and carving cakes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I did a trial run yesterday but it didn't turn out that great. I used loaf pans to create the structure, but maybe a circle cake would be easier to work with if I carve the boat out of that?
Thanks!

3 replies
brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 1 May 2011 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 4

I just did a motor/sky boat for a friend's wedding. It is in my pics. I baked 2 pound cakes in 9x13 pans filled them with the filling, put them in the freezer to firm, and then carved.

lsz1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsz1978 Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 4

i made this cake for my dad's bday last year. i used square pans or you could use loaf pans. i just cut the pieces and stacked them, icing in between, until i got the right shape. the front of the boat is made of rice crispy treats because the flare was so great... i didn't want to to fall! what kind of boat are you trying to make?

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2006649

CupcakeGirl85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeGirl85 Posted 2 May 2011 , 12:14am
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much! I will try both of your suggestions! Great idea with regards to using the rice krispie treats for the front! Thank you both!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%