Shipping

Baking By SweetAction Updated 2 May 2011 , 2:38am by SweetTater

SweetAction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAction Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 3

I'm looking into shipping cupcakes and have found out about how to package them but I'm not sure who the best to ship through is (FedEx, UPS, etc.) and all those little details. Has anyone done this before and could give me some pointers?

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 3

If you ship across state lines for pay, you must have FDA approval, one of the highest sets of requirements. If you make someone sick, you have the Feds at your door, complete with charges and stiff penalties. Since 9/11, this is a serious matter, culminating with a requirement to register with the Bioterrorism Act.

SweetTater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTater Posted 2 May 2011 , 2:38am
post #3 of 3

Maybe she's shipping to a friend or family member. icon_surprised.gif

Speaking of which, I'd be interested in finding out what packaging to use to ship cupcakes. I have a friend that has asked me to ship him some, but I don't see how they wouldn't get messed up. Especially if the box is turned upside down!

Care to share?

As far as which company, I prefer UPS. Even though I haven't shipped cupcakes, I've sold a ton of stuff on ebay and use UPS all the time. I'm sure Fedex is great too, but it seems like UPS is cheaper and they have great customer service. But that is just my opinion. I've also like using USPS priority mail, but not sure about cupcakes..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%