Help Help My Marshmellow Fondant

Baking By zeus_81280 Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 1:07pm by zeus_81280

zeus_81280 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zeus_81280 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 2:56am
post #1 of 6

I just made some marshmellow fondant, I have made it before many times. but this is the first time that I put the coloring in the marshmellows before adding the powdered sugar. Beacause i am making a three tier cake for sunday. Well anyways not sure what happened its so soft its not sticky anymore its just so soft that im affraid that is going to melt off the cake.... HELP PLEASE.... I cant start over i have already spent to much money.... please tell me there is a way to fix it......

Thank you to everyone that can help......

5 replies
hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:03am
post #2 of 6

Have you let it sit out and cure a bit? I find that when I make my MMF it's always better a few hours later. Otherwise it's way too soft. The other option is folding in more powdered sugar to help stiffen it up a bit. My MMF the other day was way too soft, not sticky, and incorporating more sugar gave it some strength and made it way more workable.

zeus_81280 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:05am
post #3 of 6

hrnewbie... Thank you so much... I have read that putting it in the fridge will help too... Or is this a bad idea... Im going to try folding in more sugar tomorrow if its still too soft... Thank you so much for your advise.....

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:10am
post #4 of 6

I don't chill my fondant. I've never had it happen but I've ready too many stories about fondant not doing well in the fridge and I'm just risk adverse. icon_wink.gif I wrap mine in plastic wrap and just plop them away until I'm ready to use them. Hopefully the powdered sugar will help. Mine was a mess the other night and that really saved my booty.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #5 of 6

I agree the fondant needs to sit over night to cure and you may also need to knead more PS into it too. Wait tille tomorrow and see what it does and than determiine if you need to put more sugar into it but don't over do it either it will crack. HTH

zeus_81280 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you everyone, all your advise has been very helpful. I woke this morning to stronger feeling fondant. So I hope it will be ok.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%