Changing Design

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 2:50am by cakification

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 3

I hate it when I've designed a cake in my head, laid it all out on paper...and then someone here comes along with a technique that i LOVE and I want to change my design. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

I had my brothers baby shower cake allllll planned out. Got the fondant colored and then...I see someones rose cake. *sigh* Now I really want to do that for the top layer. But I already made my topper. And you can't have a topper on that beautiful rose cake.

I *could* do the bottom layer in the roses but I don't know that it will look the same.

Maybe I should just quit trying to fix what ain't broke!

2 replies
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:40am
post #2 of 3

wow, my husband said I just should do 3 different cakes thats it because I drive myself and everyone crazy planning a cake.. I find something like you said and then I get everything planned out and then find another design it happens so often. From stacked cakes to box cakes.. too many wonderful choices on this website. I don't know if the rose cake that your talking about is the swirl roses that I have seen here in severeal colors one was a magnificent lavender purple and another was a pink that I saw today. Now I wish I hadn't already cleared the bridal shower cake with the family I think they would have loved the rose cake... Just know that your not alone; I want to do a bubble cake and now one with icicng sheets that are hole punched. and to learn how to work my cricut.... too many choices.

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:50am
post #3 of 3

Lol, that happens to me too! I just made a practice cake and combined three totally clashing techniques onto one cake, just so I could practice all the cool new things i've been seeing!
It's in my gallery called mish-mash

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%