Suggestions For Flavouring Homemade Fondant

Baking By cutiepiecupcake Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm by cakeandpartygirl

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 9:29am
post #1 of 4

I made my first batch of homemade fondant on the weekend.. not by choice, but rather by necessity because my order of rtr did not arrive icon_mad.gif
I've made marshmallow fondant before, however, this recipe was made from glucose syrup, glycerine, gelatine & powdered sugar. It worked like an absolute dream and once I got past the mundane task and mess of preparing it, I actually preferred the performance of the fondant over the rtr. It was SUPER easy and smooth to roll out, and the BEST part was I didn't experience one bubble NOT ONE!! icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif It polished and shaped without fault, and I even experienced a small tear (user error lol ) and it repaired as though it never happened! The only thing I would want to maybe tweak is the flavour.. it tastes just like powdered sugar, it's not unpleasant, just super sweet. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has successfully altered the flavour of their homemade fondant (excluding marshmallow fondant) without jeopardising the functionability and properties of the fondant? I was loving the thought of vanilla bean paste, however I think the specks of beans wouldn't be visually pleasing?! Maybe Loranne oils?

3 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 4

Princess cake and cookie emulsion or creme bouquet. Wedding bouqet is supposed to be very tasty too but I've had a hard time getting it.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 12:26pm
post #3 of 4

Princess cake and cookie emulsion or creme bouquet. Wedding bouqet is supposed to be very tasty too but I've had a hard time getting it.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 4

Yes you can!! You can use any one of Lorann's flavorings. For that in any case, you could use whatever flavoring you want!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%