Need Help With Car Magnet And My Non-Magnetic Car

Decorating By momtofourmonkeys Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 6:10am by scp1127

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 4:17am
post #1 of 5

I have a magnet for the back of my car for when I have a cake in transit. It doesn't work on my back doors of my Excursion. The doors are not magnetic. Do any of you have a husband who is knowledgeable about this sort of thing? Is there anything I can do to the door (have large magnets inserted inside the door, magnetic paint, etc)? I really want to be able to use my sign as I am in rural country and often travel on a 2 lane road (1 lane each direction). When individuals get behind me, I get lots of dirty looks as they pass around me. I would love to use my sign so they can be more understanding of me driving slowly over the bumps on these roads.

Thanks for any help!

4 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 4:44am
post #2 of 5

Can you stick on the inside of the back window? Wedge into the weather stripping at the bottom of the window, perhaps?

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 5:45am
post #3 of 5

Or just tape it to the window, remove when you get home.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:06am
post #4 of 5

I have same issue (I have a Yukon and also live in rural area)I was thinking of sticking those little velcro dots to my back window. I tried taping the sign to my tail gate and had a heck of a time getting the sticky residue off my car, so whatever Im going to try the window as to not screw up the paint. I have tinted windows so taping it inside is not doable.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:10am
post #5 of 5

Goo Gone will remove the residue. So will alcohol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%