Need Help With Car Magnet And My Non-Magnetic Car

Decorating By momtofourmonkeys Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 6:10am by scp1127

momtofourmonkeys Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 4:17am
post #1 of 5

I have a magnet for the back of my car for when I have a cake in transit. It doesn't work on my back doors of my Excursion. The doors are not magnetic. Do any of you have a husband who is knowledgeable about this sort of thing? Is there anything I can do to the door (have large magnets inserted inside the door, magnetic paint, etc)? I really want to be able to use my sign as I am in rural country and often travel on a 2 lane road (1 lane each direction). When individuals get behind me, I get lots of dirty looks as they pass around me. I would love to use my sign so they can be more understanding of me driving slowly over the bumps on these roads.

Thanks for any help!

4 replies
cheatize Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 4:44am
post #2 of 5

Can you stick on the inside of the back window? Wedge into the weather stripping at the bottom of the window, perhaps?

scp1127 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 5:45am
post #3 of 5

Or just tape it to the window, remove when you get home.

Sorelle Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:06am
post #4 of 5

I have same issue (I have a Yukon and also live in rural area)I was thinking of sticking those little velcro dots to my back window. I tried taping the sign to my tail gate and had a heck of a time getting the sticky residue off my car, so whatever Im going to try the window as to not screw up the paint. I have tinted windows so taping it inside is not doable.

scp1127 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:10am
post #5 of 5

Goo Gone will remove the residue. So will alcohol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%