Best Ways To Advertise??

Business By saratanna Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 7:12am by Bluehue

saratanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saratanna Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 6:10am
post #1 of 3

hi I am from sydney and was just wondering what people feel as the most sucessful way to advertise their business? I have a website and a sticker on the back of my car aswell as a display at my work but this isnt really sucessful any other great ideas??

2 replies
LSW929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LSW929 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 7:08am
post #2 of 3

Maybe a few donated cakes to your police or fire department. It's a nice way to say thanks for the job they do and you'll pick up some business. I donate cakes to my local police dept. each year for their holiday dinner for the officers and get calls now from 5 officers that I'm doing cakes for all year long.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 7:12am
post #3 of 3

Welcome to CC saratanna ...

Just a few things/tips i have noticed about some Web Sites and Signage during my travels...

If a Web Site is too cluttered/busy - too time consuming to navigate around - this can put people off.

Are your photos clear and well presented?
I saw a photo on a web site once where someone's red jumper was hanging over the back of a chair - it took me a second to relise what it was - it just made the whole Pale Yellow and white cake photo look very shabby....no pride in photo could equal no pride in Cake Creation.

Is the ordering/customer Enquiry section straight forward?

Do you have a variety of cake photos on your site - if not - perhaps decorate some Dummy Cakes to add to your Port Folio.

Does your Web Name reflect the fact hat you are all about Cakes?
As an example - i was searching for a Nursery looking for a particular plant and a web site came up with something about pixies in my garden - i didn't click on it as i wasn't looking for pixies ...

Does it state what areas you cover - and how far you would travel to deliver a cake?

Do you up date it with new photos on a regular basis - to show what you are capable of creating.

Re your Car Signage....
Again - is it clear and precise from say 2 car lenghs back - or even more?

If it is a *sticker* say 30cm x 8cm - is it tucked down on the bottom corner of your rear window - or up high for all to see?
Does it need to be larger?

Are there other stickers on your car that detraact from your Business sticker?

Is your car always clean - if you are advertising a food service then you want it to reflect kindly on you and your service.

Do you have Business Cards?
Do you hand them out or leave some behind every tme you deliver a cake?
Do they have every possible way of contact to you printed on them.

What cake orders you have had - have you recieved great feed back from those customers?
If so then word of mouth is one of the best free advertising methods we can have.

There are many wonderful Cakers on here who have excellant web sites - hopefully they will post and give you ideas and tips on how to get the most from your site.... plus other helpful hints re advertising.

Do you advertise in your Local Paper?

Bluehue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%