Foil Cases?

Baking By stevieleannescupcakes Updated 21 May 2011 , 7:32pm by coleslawcat

stevieleannescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stevieleannescupcakes Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 9

Hello. What is everybody's experience with foil cases?

I have heard mixed reviews about them.

I have just recently bought some but they do not have any paper liners inside, will this be ok or shall I spray them?

Also, they are impossible to seperate! icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 9

I just recently tried them........ no problem......... I did not spray them....just used like the paper ones. They WILL separate.... icon_lol.gif

Takeelah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Takeelah Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 9

The foil liners don't stick to the cupcake if you use them w/o paper?

stevieleannescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stevieleannescupcakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 9

I used them and found them to be pretty good, not as bad as I had heard.

I still find it a challege in seperating them from each other in the packet... ooh well icon_smile.gif

jmat121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmat121 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 9

I've used two kinds of Reynolds foil liners. The plain silver foil has a paper liner that should go inside. I made the mistake of separating the two, and the foil liner stuck miserable. There is also another Reynolds foil liner called Stay Bright or something like that. They were really, really cute and they did not stick at all.

LacyHogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LacyHogan Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:26am
post #6 of 9

I've used them and they are the ones with the white liners attached to the inside and they baked perfectly and pulled away just fine. I have never had any trouble!

WeeSooz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeeSooz Posted 3 May 2011 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 9

I have used them without paper liners inside, and I had no problem (other than separating them). They didn't stick, at all, and I hadn't sprayed them.

sweetbeesbakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbeesbakeshop Posted 21 May 2011 , 3:11pm
post #8 of 9

that's all I use for my standard cupcakes unless someone requests special liners, I took the paper liner out and sprayed them with non stick spray to be safe. They work fine for me icon_smile.gif

coleslawcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coleslawcat Posted 21 May 2011 , 7:32pm
post #9 of 9

I just tried the Kroger brand foil liners last night. They have the paper liner inside. I used them with the paper liner and did not spray them. They came out perfectly. The cake did not stick to the liners when I took them off. I was pleased to see they worked so well since they are quite a bit cheaper than the Reynolds liners at my store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%