Ganache Under White Fondant - White Chocolate Only?

Decorating By ajwonka Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 9:59am by CakemummyCC

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:35am
post #1 of 4

After reading the advice from you expert CC bakers for a LONG time, I'm finally going to take the plunge into ganache! I found several recipes for chocolate ganache on the recipe tab. Any advice beyond that?

Under white fondant, though, should I use white chocolate ganache so it doesn't show through? If so, any recipe recommendations?

I'm a bit nervous to try this so any tips would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

3 replies
SaltCakeCity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaltCakeCity Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:39am
post #2 of 4

Hey! I use marshmallow fondant over ganache all the time and it doesn't show through (as long as your fondant isn't too thin).

As for tips, give your ganache time to set up and stiffen on the cake before you put the fondant on.

Other than that, have fun! icon_smile.gif

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:42am
post #3 of 4

No, you can use dark chocolate. The white fondant wedding cake in my photos was dark ganache covered with a thin layer of white fondant about 4mm and the chocolate did not show through at all. If you were going to emboss the fondant you would need to roll a bit thicker to allow enough thickness in the embossed sections.

CakemummyCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemummyCC Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 9:59am
post #4 of 4

You may find the following link very useful when starting out with ganache under fondant. Hope the link works, otherwise search youtube for 'InspiredbyMichelle'.

Good luck..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%