Chocolate Faux Fondant...anyone???

Decorating By Angela_Elise Updated 18 Apr 2011 , 11:50pm by Angela_Elise

Angela_Elise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angela_Elise Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 3

hello!
I found a crusting chocolate recipe on here this weekend. Loved the taste, and it was great for a regularly iced cake, however I was looking for a more faux fondant type of chocolate icing that will work well with the Viva paper towel method, and also that is a very dark chocolate brown color. Anyone have any suggestions or is it best to just use fondant?? My client loved the cake but I didn't because it did not turn out how I wanted it to at all icon_sad.gif suggestions welcomed!!! Thanks everyone!

2 replies
Mfattore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mfattore Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 3

The duff chocolate fondant is dark brown and tastes like tootsie rolls. I have used it on 3 different cakes and it is hard for me to work with but it does look and taste fabulous.

Angela_Elise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angela_Elise Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 3

Well that helps to know! See I thought it was just my mistake on the recipe I just used. It was soooo hard to work with and make looks smooth. Is that just a common thing for chocolate frosting?? I'm used to people only wanting white cake and white icing and it soooo much easier to work with! Thanks hun icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%