Fox Racing Logo - Cricut Cake??

Decorating By Olina95 Updated 21 Apr 2011 , 3:35am by JanH

Olina95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Olina95 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 8

Aloha,
I am buying the cricut cake and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make a custom design - fox racing logo to be exact. Thank you icon_smile.gif

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 8

If you haven't bought it yet I would recommend getting a silhouette cutter from Linda McClure Provo Craft has sued the software companies that allow you to do custom cuts with the cricut and you will no longer be able to use it with their machine. Only their cartridges will work with the cricut. The silhouette works great with Make The Cut and also has a print and cut feature if you have an edible image printer.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

If you haven't bought it yet I would recommend getting a silhouette cutter from Linda McClure. Provo Craft has sued the software companies that allow you to do custom cuts with the and you will no longer be able to use it with their machine. Only their cartridges will work with the . The silhouette workes great with Make The Cut and also has a print and cut feature if you have an edible image printer.

Oh wow, I didn't know that...I guess customers not having to buy their expensive cartridges must have really pissed them off!

TashaDuke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TashaDuke Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 8

If you have already bought the Cake, then you'll need to also buy a third-party software other than MTC (Scal or FairyCut). You can download an image from the internet and then cut it.

Olina95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Olina95 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:33am
post #5 of 8

Thank you - this will help me a lot. icon_smile.gif

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaDuke

If you have already bought the Cake, then you'll need to also buy a third-party software other than MTC (Scal or FairyCut). You can download an image from the internet and then cut it.

If you don't already have one of these programs don't wait to get it. Provo Craft is going after these companies as well. They also just sued a magazine that features the cricut.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 8

I don't know details, but apparently PC is releasing their own software to create designs without cartridges. An email I got said it was releasing this spring. I already have SCAL, but am always interested to see what's new!

Add:
You do have to buy cartridges to cut, but only after designing. And some cartridges are now digital, so you can download to your computer. Interesting! http://www.cricut.com/craftroom/

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 3:35am
post #8 of 8

Lcubed82, that link doesn't work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%