Tbk High Ratio Shorting Is Not Sweetex

Decorating By JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 7:51pm by Sandylee05

JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 7

so i placed an order last night for a 25 lb tube and i was n cake central doing more research and it seemed like they were selling sweetex but i had some doubts so called then today and they told me it was alpine I HAD TO CANCEL my order ..she said their is no difference she said its the samething just like crest and colgate.. but ive read alpine is not as good as sweetex..i guess the sweetex people dont want anyone selling anything less than 50lb box so my question is where do you guys buy the sweetex from THANKS

6 replies
Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 7

I buy 50 # of Sweetex from Gordons Food Supply. I keep it in smaller containers in the freezer, and I keep one plastic container in the refrigerator. I thought both were hi-ratio. (Alpine and Sweetex).

JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylee05

I buy 50 # of Sweetex from Gordons Food Supply. I keep it in smaller containers in the freezer, and I keep one plastic container in the refrigerator. I thought both were hi-ratio. (Alpine and Sweetex).

they are but i guess the quality is diffirent ..i live in cali and they dont have stores here icon_mad.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 7

You can't legally use regular Sweetex for commercial purposes in CA due to the new trans fat law so I doubt you'll be able to buy it. You should be able to buy Sweetex Z (with no trans fats) from BakeMark, which has several CA locations. You can't buy less than a 50# box though.

http://www.yourbakemark.com/contact/branches.html

JESSICAVASQUEZ1989 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

You can't legally use regular Sweetex for commercial purposes in CA due to the new trans fat law so I doubt you'll be able to buy it. You should be able to buy Sweetex Z (with no trans fats) from BakeMark, which has several CA locations. You can't buy less than a 50# box though.

http://www.yourbakemark.com/contact/branches.html

do you know if it taste the same does it work well all i know is that my family does not like the crico butter cream and my cousin is turning 21 and its gonna be a huge party and i do not wanna put any crisco on the cake

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 7

Sweetex Z works similarly to regular Sweetex, except it is softer and more temperature sensitive.

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 7

That's good to know. I really don't like the idea of using transfats.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%