Getting A New Dog :)

Lounge By m0use Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 6:17pm by ladyellam

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 11

So I told hubby that now that we have the house, I WANT a dog.
So I've been on a mission searching for the right dog.
Hubby said it had to meet the following criteria:
*Must be good with kids of ALL ages
*Must get along with cats
*Must get along with dogs
*Must like hubby too (not just wife and son)

Well, after much searching on craigslist, dog rescues, and the local humane society pages we have found our new family member.

Last night on a whim I decided to stop by one of the local humane societys in my area with our son. I walked through the entire dog kennel area until I found him, he was one of the last dogs my son and I looked at. I immediately filled out the adoption form so I could see him and called my hubby.

Even though our new little guy is a terrier mix he wasn't all hyper bouncing off the walls and he became calm submissive with us in the room. He loved all three of us and you could tell he felt comfortable around us.

The place is using him as a contestant for a dog grooming contest on Sunday that is a fundraiser for the place, so unfortunately we cannot take him home until next week. But at the same time it is better this way because that gives us time to organize our house better and get the things we need for him.

I'm soo excited...my family is feeling more complete now icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 11

That's great!!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 11

Congratulations!!!! Adopted dogs and pets are the best!!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 11

Congratulations!

Our beloved pooch has been gone for about a year and a half now and I'm starting to get that longing for a dog again!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 3:11am
post #5 of 11

Congratulations! Glad that you found a good match!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 4:11am
post #6 of 11

Congratulations mOuse. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:34am
post #7 of 11

I am a dog fanatic, and it is so nice to hear of a dog finding a home. Best of luck to you and your family.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 4:31am
post #8 of 11

Congratulations!!! Please post a pic of your new little family member. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 3:19pm
post #9 of 11

Hi everyone just wanted to give you a quick status update...Coby Jack is fitting into our family very well, the only "person' not too thrilled with him is my female cat Sophie lol, she'll get over it. We've had a few accidents in the house icon_sad.gif so he's not 100% housebroken but we'll get him there. Our little guy came home with kennel cough though and is now on cough suppressant and an antibiotic. I know he must be sick because he sleeps ALOT, almost as much as our cats icon_eek.gif
He just loves to cuddle up with you though and invariably sleeps in our son's bedroom at night. He's going to take a little work but then what pet doesn't icon_wink.gif
I'll try to post a pic of him soon, he's black and white and so cute...my MIL fell in love with him after first being opposed to us getting a terrier mix
I don't get how anyone wouldn't want to keep him.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 5:39pm
post #10 of 11

I'm glad he is fitting in. I have three rescues and one breed I always get from a breeder... my Yorkie. I love hearing about dogs getting a home. We are a dog family. Sometimes we have more dogs than people a family gatherings. Best wishes.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 6:17pm
post #11 of 11

I'm glad you got your dog and he's on his way to getting better!! Love, Love, Love my pound puppies and my purebreds as well. One of them is a Rotti with ice blue eyes (she was a rescue from a pit bull training camp. They would cut her and let the dogs taste her blood. She's as sweet as can be). Lola is a half dachshund and half Chinese pug (ugly as hell but I love her so). Allie and Tug are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and they were for my son (he has Autism). They are the sweetest dogs and so patient and loving. They love the cats as well.

It will just take your dog to get used to his new surrounding and I'm sure he's going to be a Fantastic dog! Congrats again!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%