Help..please...

Baking By monbebe Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 8:49pm by imagenthatnj

monbebe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monbebe Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 8

Hello my friends!I really need your help... They asked me to do 50 cupcakes. Six of them will have letters like decor that will create the name of the celebrated. Requested to have black fondant coating and letters to be fucsia. The other cupcakes has to be colorful and for decoration asked words like joy,happy....
I would like to ask which colors should I suggest to the client .I would like to have a really good combination and if you have any decoration ideas..
Thank you..

7 replies
JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 8

If it is to be black fondant with fuschia, then I would do other bold colors like yellow, teal, green, purple and even some white. Good luck! HTH!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 8

monbebe, here's a little secret. It's a website that if you have no idea of how to use color, comes really handy. I'm a graphic designer and even I go there to check out how colors look together. It's actually our color wheel, but in digital form.

Go to:
http://colorschemedesigner.com/

When you get there you'll see a wheel. There's a dark dot on that wheel. Move it around to find your primary color, as in fuchsia. Get as close as you want or can.

On the top, you'll see variations of that color. That's the monochromatic scheme. Same color, different hues.

Now, click on Complement on the top, and you'll see that green shows up. If you try to get other shades of green (with the little dot that's over green), you'll see that it starts getting towards the purples.

Click on Triad on top and you'll get three colors. Now you'll be able to move around the two little white circles, to get other combinations.

And so on...you could make screenshots of the color combinations if you want to, to refer to them.

Good luck. At the very least, it's a nice thing to play with.

imagenthatnj Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 8

Oh, and if you want softer colors (maybe for another job?) go to the bottom where you can click on Adjust Scheme and move the black circle around the square till you find your perfect colors!

monbebe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monbebe Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 8

Τhank you all very much...
My friend the color scheme designer is great!

sweets4you Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweets4you Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks, imagenthatnj. That's a great resource! icon_smile.gif

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

monbebe, here's a little secret. It's a website that if you have no idea of how to use color, comes really handy. I'm a graphic designer and even I go there to check out how colors look together. It's actually our color wheel, but in digital form.

Go to:
http://colorschemedesigner.com/

When you get there you'll see a wheel. There's a dark dot on that wheel. Move it around to find your primary color, as in fuchsia. Get as close as you want or can.

On the top, you'll see variations of that color. That's the monochromatic scheme. Same color, different hues.

Now, click on Complement on the top, and you'll see that green shows up. If you try to get other shades of green (with the little dot that's over green), you'll see that it starts getting towards the purples.

Click on Triad on top and you'll get three colors. Now you'll be able to move around the two little white circles, to get other combinations.

And so on...you could make screenshots of the color combinations if you want to, to refer to them.

Good luck. At the very least, it's a nice thing to play with.

You get the gold star of the day for sharing this!!! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you SO much!

imagenthatnj Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 8:49pm
post #8 of 8

You're all very welcome!

Sometimes I forget what I have around till someone needs it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%