Cupcake Liners Pulling Away After Cooling

Baking By cathymorin Updated 10 Apr 2011 , 11:53pm by CupQuequito

cathymorin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathymorin Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 8

I was wondering how to prevent cupcake liners from pulling away from the cupcake after cooling. This makes for very sloppy presentation and I'm getting very frustrated.

7 replies
aliciazak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciazak Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 8

I have had the same problem - so would love to know what is going wrong...

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 8

How do you handle your cupcakes?

I stopped having this problem when I immediately remove the cupcakes from the pans after they come out of the oven, AND I don't store them in an airtight container (tupperware).

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 8

I am assuming you are making a scratch recipe, NOT from a box?

Some here will tell you it's the liners. Some will tell you it's how you take them out of the oven. Some will say it's how you store them. I firmly believe it's the recipe you are using. Not all recipes can convert to cupcakes, especially scratch butter cakes.

I did a blog post about this, complete with how to attempt to modify your recipe.

http://fromscratchsf.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/kapow-take-that-white-cupcakes/

Since I modified my butter cake recipes I have 100% success no matter what wrapper I put them in, how long I leave them in the pan, or what type of container I store them in.

Good luck,

Jen

cathymorin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathymorin Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for your replies. I will do some testing of your tips and see what happens.

Harmonycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Harmonycakes Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 8

dont let them cool at all in the pans, when you take them out, immediately put them on a cooling rack. and DO NOT COVER them. that locks in the moisture and makes them sweat.

aliciazak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciazak Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 11:43pm
post #7 of 8

Okay going to try taking them out straight away to avoid the issue - but the cupcakes tend to be kind of delicate when they first come out of the oven - any tips on getting them out without destroying them?

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 8

This happened to me, just last week. I was making gluten free cupcakes. The oil wasn't getting absorbed like my cups with AP flour.

I say, check your oil or butter ratio.

Just my opinion. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%