Looking For A New Take On A "been There, Done That"

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 1:39pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 3

Hey guys!

I'm having trouble coming up with an original take on this cake for a bachelorette party that'll be coming up in a couple of months (I know, WAY ahead of time, but I'm feeling pretty idea-dry right now icon_wink.gif ). It's going to be held at a pole-dancing studio, where the participants will be given a pole-dancing class .... which sounds like a blast, as long as it's just us girls, hehe, but I want to incorporate that into the theme and am having trouble getting past the tired pole-dancing cut-out silhouette mounted on top of a cake. I usually work with fondant, and love making figurines and details and such (look at my pics to get an idea of the sort of thing I like to do, if you like), but I want to stay away from the very obvious pole dancer on top of the cake ... not that I can't incorporate a pole dancer, just want to make it unique somehow. The bride is very girly, into a lot of bling and pink, so I'll be using that (probably isomalt jewels or something), but am a little clueless as to the exact execution.

Thanks for any suggestions, guys!!!

2 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 3

How about a fold-up chair with a mirror behind it placed on a dance floor with feather boas layed out every where? Implies the dancing but more burlesque like, if that makes sense

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 3

Sorry, it didn't alert me that I'd had a reply and I just now saw this! Thanks for your suggestions, I love the idea of the boas in particular! Any other ideas out there?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%