Any Clue How To Do This....

Decorating By sillymoo84 Updated 4 Apr 2011 , 8:15pm by sillymoo84

sillymoo84 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 9

guys... really need your help...the ivory tiers look like they are textured.. any ideas how to do this?

8 replies
scoutmamma Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 9

It looks to me like Cornelli lace... i dont know if i spelled it right, but if you do the pattern tightly enough it can look textured like that... heres a pic for reference... HTH...

Dayti Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 9

If you zoom in on the photo, it actually looks more like a stucco type of finish, except there are no sharp bits sticking out, the points appear to be more rounded. It makes me wonder if its buttercream or royal icing that has been patted with a hand or spatula all the way around, and smoothed somehow slightly afterwards (like with paper towel or printer paper).
It's a lovely cake.

Uniqueask Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 9

That is not cornelli lace, that is actually texturing, you use Royal Icing, or melted chocolate, and a sponge or clean rag to to that.
Dip your sponge or rag, in whicherer you use, and bloch it to your cake.

sillymoo84 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 9

thank you for these tips!!!

mom2twogrlz Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 9

Yep, it is texturing. I just watched Bronwen Weber (sp) do it on a Cake Challenge. She made a car look rusted and old with that technique. It is royal icing or buttercream applied with a sponge. Then she dusted it with luster dust for an fantastic look. Super cool!!!!

sillymoo84 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:43pm
post #7 of 9

i've tried googling 'texturing' to no avail. Is there a specific name for this?

sweetflowers Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 9

I called it a stucco finish when I did my video on that. I thinned my buttercream/royal and sponged it on.

sillymoo84 Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 9

@sweetflowers can you send me the video??

Quote by @%username% on %date%