Bettercream From Sams Question, Time Is Crucial

Baking By pburgess68 Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 4:29pm by pburgess68

pburgess68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pburgess68 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 6

I bought a tub of Bettercream from Sam's yesterday and was planning on returning it today, depending on what you guys replied...

I remember reading something about not being able to use fondant decorations and use bettercream as well. How about gum paste decorations? I have made tons of flowers and shells for a birthday and a wedding, and I would rather return the bettercream if I have to, compared to redoing the cake layouts.

What would be the best way to use the gum paste decos? Regular buttercream? Some are mixed with fondant as well.

Took me forever to find this thread again. Probably should have asked before I drove an hour to get it ...and needless to say, it will take another hour to get down there to return it.

5 replies
shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 6

I have used fondant decorations and gumpaste decorations on Sam's buttercream and homemade buttercream. I worked just fine for me. I even used gumpaste decorations on buttercream for a cake that I entered in a fair. It sat on display for 10 days in a hot building and still looked perfect at the end. HTH!

pburgess68 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 6

Was it the bettercream or the but-r-cream? Evidently 8 bought the bet-r-cream one. About to return it unless u say it works ok!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 6

I would never cover fondant with Bettercream. I have attached very small, light gumpaste/sugar flowers on the sides of a bettercream cake, but it is a whipped topping...like the consistency of Dream Whip if you have every made that before. I would never ever ever put it under fondant. But-r-cream from Sams is ok.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with ddaigle. I tried it once and it was not cool! lol

pburgess68 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks you are a life saver!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%