Stable Cake Recipe That Tastes Like Cheesecake?

Baking By thumbs Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 1:17pm by thumbs

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:10am
post #1 of 7

I have a bride that would like a decorated wedding cake, but the groom only likes cheesecake so wants a cake that tastes like cheesecake.

Is this possible? Do you know of a recipe that would give a true cheesecake taste but be able to decorate it?

Thanks in advance!

6 replies
Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:35am
post #2 of 7

Why not make a "regular" wedding cake, and a smaller cheesecake for a grooms cake? I know there is a cheesecake flavoring, but if he only likes cheesecake, the texture of any cake will not do it.

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:19am
post #3 of 7

What do you mean by "stable"? I just went through this with my daughter's boyfriend & his bday cake. LOL

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:20am
post #4 of 7

Why not do alternate layers of cake and cheesecake like Cheesecake Factory does? I think you just need to do 1 layer cake-split into 2 layers and bake 2 1" cheesecake layers in a springform pan the same size as your cake.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:26am
post #5 of 7

Buddy has a cream cheese pound cake that might work.

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 4:49am
post #6 of 7

there is a WASC variation of a cheesecake 'cake' on macmom's wasc variation document...its on one of the discussions on cc, but i'm not sure which one. i've made it before for cheesecake lovers - tastes like cheesecake but in cake form! at least to me....hope that helps!

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone. I will do some research on those tips and recipes and see what I can find icon_smile.gif

By stable, just one that can stand up to be covered in fondant and decorated.

I suggested to her last night that the other option would be a dummy cake done then a small cheese cake to cut up. The wedding is going to be very intimate with only about 30 family members attending so she isn't looking for anything big but would like a cake for photos. I haven't heard back from her yet about that suggestion so we will see.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%