Neapolitan Cake - Can You Add Batters To The Same Pan?

Baking By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 10:59pm by sweetmonkeycheese

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry cake, I am just doing it in tires at this point b/c I dont have the time and money to mess around of experiment.

can you kinda swirl the three batters around and bake all three flavors in one pan? I noticed that my strawberry seem to take longer to bake, BUT each cake was in a different size pan and I do not measure the batter. The strawberry was in a smaller pan so I thought it would take less time, but it seem to take more time.

and of course I am not so good at that whole being precise when baking (I could never be a professional) so each time I added my cake extender to a mix it was off, like I thought I grabbed a ½ a cup , but I grabbed a 1/3 so one had less oil than recipe called for in one of the cakes and I just glooped the sour cream into a measuring cup, so I would be in the ball park. So maybe that is why the strawberry too longer.

If I was to every try the all three in one pan I would take my time and make sure all three recipes had the same amount of fats to dry

so has any one done it? and if so how did it come out.

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 3

I'm a mix baker and that may make a difference, but yes, I've baked 3 flavors in the 12x18 pan many times with no problem. (I never "swirled" them together tho' ...... just poured them in side-by-side.)

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 3

I was thinking a marble effect would be neat looking and kinda tasty as may be able to get all three (or at least two) flavor in each bite.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%