Freezing Cake Batter? Search Is Acting Funny, Please Answer

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 31 Mar 2011 , 11:32pm by cake_architect

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 6

I tried to search it (as I know this has been covered many times), but none of the topics point to the thread being about this question and when I hit to see page two there is nothing there...

I want to freeze some cake batter, it does have sour cream, that should not be a problem, correct? I want to freeze it for a week, that should not be a problem as well, correct?

how should I defrost? I was thinking the night before put it in the frig and then mid day of the day I want to bake put it on the counter to get to room temp.

Am I missing anything?

5 replies
Cohaja12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cohaja12 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 6

Just last nite, I pulled frozen (2 wks old!) WASC batter out of the freezer and made cupcakes with it. Didn't even wait for it to thaw, I just scooped it out frozen (yeah, I'm impatient). Tasted like a newly made batch.

I assume it would be the same for cake!

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 6

very cool!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodrill604

Just last nite, I pulled frozen (2 wks old!) WASC batter out of the freezer and made cupcakes with it. Didn't even wait for it to thaw, I just scooped it out frozen (yeah, I'm impatient). Tasted like a newly made batch.

I assume it would be the same for cake!

Interesting...might be worth a try!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 6

I freeze most of my cake and cookie batters and defrost the batters in the fridge. But when I'm ready to bake I take them straight from the fridge without letting them get to room temp.

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:32pm
post #6 of 6

just a hint for the next time you search:

go to google, type in "cake central freezing cake batter", hit enter and you'll find the results the search engine on this site fails to provide lol icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=cake+central+freezing+cake+batter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%