Ugg, I Hate It When That Happens!

Decorating By jewels710 Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 4:56pm by TexasSugar

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 2

Ok, so I totally just shortchanged myself on the last cake I did.
Its my own fault.
I ended having to run out to the local groc store last second for some extra supplies - some because I just forgot to buy an ingredirent (or two) and some because I ran out, thinking I had a whole backup stash when apparently I had already used my backup stash and forgot to replenish it! LOL
This made the cost of this cake much more than it usually takes me to make it paying grocery store prices instead of bulk.

Then, to top it off, she, the client, is a regular customer and is also getting her wedding cake from me in 2 months, so I gave her 10% off the base price of this cake, which I still really don't have a problem with but after all the extra costs above along with basic cost of goods, I shortchanged myself so badly!
Like not even minimum wage per hour profit!!!!!! UGGHGHGHGHGH.

Sorry, just had to vent. I hate it when that happens.
I knew I went over budget. Not smart business but I should have just not added it all up as to not upset myself! The money was spent regardless & I would have felt better! haha

1 reply
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 2

This is an example of why I always say build your prices around regular prices not sale prices. I'm not sure how much difference you have between regular prices and bulk, but you may want to add in a cushion just in case this happens in the future.

It is always so fustrating when you have to do a store run in the middle of things. *hugs*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%