Bridal Shower Stumper

Decorating By ladymtnhiker Updated 30 Mar 2011 , 12:21am by ladymtnhiker

ladymtnhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladymtnhiker Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, I know there's some creative people on here, so hopefully you can help me with a design idea! I have a friend, who is having a bridal shower for another friend's DIL to be on April 10th. The colors of the wedding are black, white, silver and jade (which after looking at a sample is more of a teal/emerald color). The theme of the wedding is elegant with a little bit of fun (not exactly sure how to interpret that). I don't know what type of flowers she is having, but just got a text from the friend throwing the party that the brides bouquet will be white and that the flowers for the centerpiece of the shower will probably consist of white carnations and daisies (making it even harder to fit those flowers into the "elegant" theme). The couple is in their early 20s. The shower is for approx. 30-40 people. The flavor will be either key lime and/or white velvet almond. How do I fit those colors into an elegant but fun cake?! They don't want much black on the cake, btw. Thanks in advance for ANY ideas you have!! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
ladymtnhiker Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone?

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6

I once saw a wedding cake that was white (fondant) that had flowers embroidered on it in black. There was a very full flower (think peony) on the top and one on the side. This black on white itself is elegant. The flowers were pink, so they popped, but even using white carnation gumpaste flowers would work. Perhaps use a jade ribbon border??

As for the silver....that's a tuffie. I remember seeing an ivory wedding cake that had some kind of gumpaste flower that had the very edges of the petals brushed in gold. Perhaps you could do this in silver?

I know everyone's seen these cakes....let me find them...

Zahrah Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 6

Aha!!The Buttercream Studio. Brilliant work! This is the black and white embroidery, which is surprisingly simple but looks deliciously elegant:

http://www.thebuttercreamstudio.com/#!__wedding/photoalbomscroll2=12

Zahrah Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 6

The Crazy Cake Lady made the flower edged in gold. See here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazycakeco/3057662132/in/photostream/

ladymtnhiker Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 12:21am
post #6 of 6

I was able to talk said friend in to doing a centerpiece of assorted white flowers. Thanks so much Zahrah for the input! Loving the design from Buttercream Studio and may be able to add the silver tips to the flowers as done by CCL. Or maybe just some strategically placed silver dragees. I'll see if they like that idea. I think the budget is kind of low (thus the carnations and daisies), so I may end up doing a sheet cake instead, in which case I'd need other ideas...possibly the much created bridal gown cake (which actually kind of nice).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%