3-D Bust Cake (Shoulders And Head)?

Decorating By sweetts99 Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 6:00pm by seedrv

sweetts99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetts99 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 8

Hello all! I need some advice please. Has anyone, anyone at all done a 3-D bust in cake? If so would you please give me some advice? I am unsure if it should be all cake or just the chest and shoulders and the rest out of RKT? I am kind of toying with the idea of the entire thing being cake.... but how would you make it stable? So many questions... I have not tried this and any advice would be SO SO WELCOMED! I need to know if it is possible before I commite to it. Thanks so much!

7 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 8

I have never done this myself, but I do not think I would attempt to make the head cake. I would use modelling choc or RKT. This is what they do on the cake shows. I think it would be too heavy to have the cake on top. The shoulders made out of cake would be fine...But hopefully someone with more experience in this area will come along and answer.

sweetts99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetts99 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you. I am wondering the same about the head being too heavy. However, I did see a picture of a head cake and the neck was RKT and they did the head in cake.
I saw the cake show with the RKT head also and it was amazing!
I thank you for your help. Have a blessed day!

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 8

I think the head would be really difficult to pull off unless your really good at sculpturing things. I have a cake that I did recently but I will have to send a pic privately. It has other things with it that aren't appropriate.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 8

Hi sweetts99, I will send you a tutorial on a Spiderman head bust later. I have to run out right now. Anyway, the head and neck was a styrofoam wig head and the shoulders were the cake. You can get the wig heads at most beauty supply stores. They cost just a few bucks. HTH

sweettooth622 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth622 Posted 25 Mar 2011 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 8

Hi ~ I've done a 3D Ironman using the Spiderman tutorial. I used a styro wig head as well because I thought RKT might be too heavy. Good luck if you find a way to do all cake icon_biggrin.gif

DORI2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DORI2000 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 9:29am
post #7 of 8

Hy,

I will try to make all cake bust cake next week for my son's birthday.
I will let you know the result.

Have a nice day

seedrv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seedrv Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:00pm
post #8 of 8

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1992978

Mybe you could PM this person. He/she has done two bust cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%