Yellow Cake Recipe

Baking By SweetMelissa2007 Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 9:07pm by JanH

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 1:39am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a really kick butt scratch yellow cake recipe that they are willing to share? I have one that I use that tastes great but when I refridgerate it it gets hard and dry. I always wrap in plastic wrap before I refridgerate it but still gets kinda dry and needs definitely not soft and moist. I know its not box mix but I really want a softer moister yellow cake!!! Thanks!

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 7:08am
post #2 of 4

Is your yellow cake recipe a butter cake?

If it is, all butter cakes do firm up when chilled and can appear to be "dry" - if eaten cold/straight out of the refrigerator. It's always recommended to allow cake (but definitely butter cakes) to come to room temperature for maximum enjoyment.

If you want to eat chilled cake, I'd recommend an oil based recipe (which won't firm up as much as a butter based cake).

HTH

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 4

The recipe is a butter cake but I cut the butter in half and added oil. I've taken the cake out of the fridge and still 2-3 hours later it is harder and dry. Should I totally raplace all the butter with oil? Will it still taste good? I also try to let it cool before I wrap it. Should I wrap it in saran wrap before it cools to keep in some more of the moisture?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%