Wow Dragon Cake

Decorating By Shox Updated 22 Mar 2011 , 2:41pm by sugardugar

Shox Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make a cake of Deathwing, a character from world of warcraft. He's pretty much just a dragon, but I dont really know how to go about supporting his head etc... I know I need to make internal structures to stop his head/tail drooping, but I was hoping there are ways to make edible supports/structures?
Krispies+marshmallow was suggested, but I really have no clue.

4 replies
Tclanton Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 5

I would try to create some type of pvc structure and then build your RCT around that. This isnt much help, but I am sure some of the others will chime in soon.

metria Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 5

go to your local hardware store's PVC section. look at flanges, couplers, adapters, reducers, etc. these are the types of connections that you may need to use.

doofusmongerbeep Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 5

w00t! for WoW. It's one of my other hobbies besides baking. icon_biggrin.gif

Does he need to be standing? You could have him laying down. There's a slew of dragon cakes on here with the dragons resting on something so you don't have to create an internal structure. I did one - he's in my pics.

Just an idea. Might make your life easier. icon_smile.gif

sugardugar Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:41pm
post #5 of 5

You're lucky! As a WoWnerd I am aching to make this cake. icon_sad.gif

You'll need to build a structure to support this. If you have trouble, consider using a non-standing stance. His tail can be on the ground. His head can be pointing down and breathing fire.

You could also consider having him emerge from the ground: the ground being a cake that's cut in 2 with a jagged line to represent an earthquake. This may make it easier.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%