Baby Bump Cake Question. Please Help Asap!! :)

Decorating By xglassjaw86x Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 10:20pm by caymancake

xglassjaw86x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xglassjaw86x Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 9

i want to make this cake but i want to know about how many servings it makes. i know that you can put it on top of another cake for extra but i just want to know how many servings does a baby bump cake like this one make. (boobs + belly only) thanks icon_smile.gif

8 replies
NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 9

I have been asked to make a cake like this...so I too am curious as to how many it would feed. Do you mind if I ask how you are planning on doing this? I have never made one.

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 9

Same as any other cake, it depends on the size pans you use.you can make it as big or small as you want.

xglassjaw86x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xglassjaw86x Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 9

im thinking the wilton half ball for the belly and either cupcakes or the wonder mold for the boobs. how many would that serve?

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 9

Just see how much batter you use and compare that to how much batter you put in more standard pans.

cat2512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat2512 Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 9

I used the Wilton half ball for the belly and the wonder mold for the boobies and it doesn't make a whole lot of cake. I would guess about 6-8 depending on how big/small your pieces are. These cakes are lots of fun to make though! Good luck!

sweetlybaked Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 9

I made it a couple of times, one time with the soccer ball mold and pyrex for the boobs, but I think I added a10 inch layer under the ball and I think it was about 40...if I'm remembering correctly

sweetlybaked Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 9:54pm
post #8 of 9

I made it a couple of times, one time with the soccer ball mold and pyrex for the boobs, but I think I added a10 inch layer under the ball and I think it was about 40...if I'm remembering correctly

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 10:20pm
post #9 of 9

The one that I made used the soccer ball halves for the boobs and a pyrex plus another 9 inch layer for the belly. Ended up serving about 30.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%