Yellow Cake Disaster - Please Help

Lounge By MustardSeed Updated 22 Mar 2011 , 6:37am by judcreations

MustardSeed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustardSeed Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 3

I followed the recipe (below), the first time came out with big chunks of butter. The second go round I creamed butter sugar together, added eggs and alteranated liquid/dry ingrediants.

The second time there is barely enough for two 10" rounds and recipe states enough for three 9" rounds.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I can't keep throwing $10 of cake batter down the drain!

Donna[/center]

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 3

Unfortunately, your recipe didn't appear, but I have a couple of suggestions anyway. If there were lumps of butter, the butter was probably too cold when you made your batter. This is basically the reason for letting all your ingredients come to room temperature before using them. In the second cake, if the eggs were cold, they wouldn't increase properly in volume as room-temp eggs would. Also, if it feels like you didn't have enough batter the second time around, you might not have beat the batter long enough. This is tricky, because you don't want to overbeat cake batter, but you do have to beat it enough - several minutes - to get air into the batter. Does this help? By the way, hi! I seem to be intecepting a lot of your posts, don't I? I feel like I'm getting to know you. i wish you the best in your cake decorating endeavors!

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:37am
post #3 of 3

Hi your receipe cant be seen, but I too make the yellow butter cake often, n never had a problem. I agree u should let all the ingredients come to room temp before baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%